‘WIPE OUT FEAR
“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself?” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
noun: 1. an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. “he is prey to irrational fears”
verb: 1. be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening.
SO DON’T LET THE FEAR BECOME A VERB!
Why not look to those best at this right? ‘8 Military Tricks To Conquer Your Fear’ by Joe Oliveto…Navy Seals/Military.
Today’s show is for all of us…Let’s face it at one time or another YOU-WILL-FEAR. Home, kids, job-related, finances, country, health-related, maybe you’re in danger or worse yet a child…the list goes on.
THE PROBLEM: When we let it take up root…When it overcomes us…our thoughts. When it holds us back from doing what we are supposed to be doing and needing to do. When it prevents God’s blessings for us and our sisters and brothers. THINK ABOUT IT…IT ISN’T THE FEAR THAT IS CAUSING THE BAD IT IS THE BAD ITSELF…
SO DON’T LET THE FEAR BECOME A VERB!
- SPEND TONS OF TIME PREPARING AND PRACTICING – According to former SEAL Platoon Commander James Waters, “We spend 75% of our time preparing for deployment and about 25% on the deployment.”
2 Timothy 3:15-17 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- LEARN FEAR MANAGEMENT FROM THE JOKER – “Laughter lets him know that everything is going to be fine and it’s all going to work out.” Says Waters. So we need to understand how Satan works so we can laugh at his antics….not fall prey to them.
- Darkness: Hopeless, doubt, disparate
- Deception: Lie, twists, thoughts, mind
- Death: of relationships, dreams, ideas, hope
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak. 21 So that you also may know how I am and what I am doing, chicus the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord will tell you everything. 22 I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage your hearts. 23 Peace be to the brothers, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible.
- BREATHE…AND BREATHE…AND BREATHE –The reality of the matter is that fear has physical symptoms and these can make us think the fear is real. Well, the symptoms are real but the fear again is an emotion and often of something that hasn’t even happened yet. But we can fight the physical symptoms with the same…physical actions. As a seal instructor said, “You’re bending the body’s software to control its hardware,” which is an awesomely nerdy way to describe what sounds like a real-life superpower. Either way, it’s something you can do right now to get a real grip on your nerves.
Isaiah 42:5 Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread out the earth and its offspring, Who gives breath to the people on it And spirit to those who walk in it,
- DON’T KEEP IT BOTTLED UP: According to Colonel David M. Benedek, M.D., talking about a frightening experience—whether through therapy or a game of cards—helps soldiers find some sort of meaning in it. It makes sense—communication allows them to process the event and cultivate closer relationships with important people in their lives.
“I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).
“Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; for the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught” (Proverbs 3:25, 26).
Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety. Proverbs 11:14
- TALK OVER THE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD:
“Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” A popular quote on plaques.
“For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, ‘Abba, Father’ ” (Romans 8:15).
- THINK ABOUT THE WORST CASE SCENARIO:
Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.
- MEDITATE THE FEAR AWAY: Warrior Mind Training
Joshua 1:8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
- KEEP PUSHING YOUR COMFORT ZONE:
“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns” (Philippians 1:6).
- Preparation with God – He equips us
- Manage the Joker – steer clear of Satan’s power and effects of darkness, deception and death
- Breathe – Life (the Spirit)
- Bottled up – Wise counsel, God’s power, worldly insight, not trapped
- Talk over the voice in your head – changes your actions…act and walk in God or Satan
- Think on worst case scenario – prepared= success
- Meditation – more likely to follow God, thoughts = actions. Sharp clarity
- Comfort Zone – fulfill His plans … blessed, hope
THE CHOICE: Held back
- FREE WILL: Let’s face it, it always comes down to ….
- Live into one of the spirit or be idle (PREY)
Listen I do not want you living in fear. God truly can bring you peace, answers, safety, security,
out of the darkness into the light, where hope exists and abundance is given.
SO DON’T LET THE FEAR BECOME A VERB!
Azla: I hate that I am always afraid. It keeps me from doing the things I want to do. From trying new things, from trusting others, from enjoying life. I know that I should pray about it and I do but it doesn’t really help so then I wonder if all I worry about it truly.
RUN WHILE YOU PRAY. (RUN DOING THE 8 STEPS ABOVE)
Robert: I want to lead my family boldly but to be honest I see others doing this and I still set on the sidelines focusing on ‘being a good person’. Do you have a short list of things for me to DO. That will get me going on a life of courageous living.
LIVING WITHIN THE SWEET SPOT. You need to get to know the Trinity…Holy Spirit. Know his voice and start stepping you
- You want told, so get the answers from God himself.
- Ask, Seek, Knock
- And do
John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
REMEMBER…Jesus looked at them & said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Math 19:26
That’s going to do it for this episode of Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Before we wrap up I want to encourage you to stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and please subscribe to my iTunes & YouTube channel.
See you next week on Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Faith Infused Living…Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN