It’s hard to keep the faith after the year we’ve had. In today’s episode we are going to do what we can to keep our faith stronger than our fear! As always we will break the show down in the following four parts: The Problem, The Word, The Gift, and the Choice. With any calling questions discussed at the very end. I often give away a free tool or gift as well so listen closely.
THE PROBLEM: I’m talking about the fatigue, frustration, resistance and sometimes even fear that we battle when life just keeps throwing more changes our way. We’ve heard this before but are we leaning into the truth of…
‘Life is always changing but Christ does not’
THE WORD: First of all we need to know this statement is true and written. Then we need to step into it. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
There are all kinds of ways we can step into Christ. Let’s look at some:
- PRIORITIZE: There is a very well-known productivity practice of 1) do it 2) delegate it 3) delete it. However I have come to appreciate this in terms of more than our how to handle the papers on my desk, or emails in my in box, Try using this practice with your faith.
- DO IT: This is easy. When the change is in alignment with our faith, regardless of how scared, insecure, or doubting we may feel. We need to just say ‘Yes, and amen.’ and go. Matthew 5:37 Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.
- DELEGATE IT: What do you really have control over. Let’s remember that with all change (for good or bad) God is over it all. Genesis 39:6 So he left everything he owned in Joseph’s charge; and with him there he did not concern himself with anything except the food which he ate. Now Joseph was handsome in form and appearance.
- DELETE IT: Here comes the hard one. When a change doesn’t sit right with you. When you feel it will lead us the wrong way and it unsettles you, you do not need to simply roll over or jump right in. Deleting the change as acceptable is okay. See, I think we sometimes keep our mouths shut too much. What we speak needs to be full of grace and it is okay to DELETE or in this case rebuke acceptance. Now, it doesn’t mean that we go out sinning… but it does mean that it is okay to be angry. Ephesians 4:26 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,
- INVITE POWER: Ask God to be with you throughout your day, with all decisions you need to make, and while you sleep. Put on your armor, God has dominion over it all.
The Armor of God Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place. and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
- PRAY SCRIPTURE: Always. Seek Him in prayer
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Psalm 103:19 The Lord has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all.
- THE COMPANY YOU KEEP:. Do we keep company-devote time-with those who are not God-fearing and loving? Their advice, actions, and direction with the move away from Him as well. Do we spend time listening to anxiety, hostility, and more. We want to and need to be spending out time and investing our heart, mind, and soul with individuals that will be adding to our relationship with God. Recognize God within those who are speaking. Angry is okay. Sinning is not.
THE GIFT: If our focus is on God, His plan for our life, His teaching, His direction, His love… we begin to not worry about the uncontrollable of the world. All will be fine with the Trinity on our side. God graciously loving us regardless of our situation. The Holy Spirit living and breathing in us regardless of what we must bear during these life changes. And last, Jesus to wipe away footholds that might want to keep us stuck in a difficult change.
THE CHOICE: We have free will… Do we want to trust in the world? This unpredictable world that knows our weak spot and often gets us when we are down. Or, do we want to trust in the Lord, His ways, His strength, and His power to cut to the truth with grace, healing, and restoration?
This year a powerful thing happened to me in my private group of sisters and brothers called the ‘Legacy Leaders’. Knowing the power of the Trinity, and how each Legacy Leader steps into it fully, I’m blown away by some of them adding even more spiritual growth to this group. Here’s a list of some of the giving that happens inside the Legacy Leader group to help all its members STEP INTO CHRIST AND THE CALL GOD HAS ON THEIR LIFE.
- The Bible in a Year Live Training, by me, for all.
- Weekly Christian Leadership Training, by me, in all areas of life.
- Library of Exercise Workouts to do in your time, and in your home.
- Special Life and Health Coaching Call Monthly, by me, for all.
- Special Business Coaching Call Monthly, by me, for entrepreneurs.
- Member giving: Monthly Bible Character Teaching, Weekly Mom’s Mission, Man’s Movement, a Weekly Praying Scripture Program, and so much more.
Thanks for your time and blessings to you, friends. I will be offering a FREE MONTH into this faith-based community until January 1st. Head to my ‘I Want More Out of Life’ training to access A FREE MONTH INTO THE LEGACY LEADER.
Jesus looked at them & said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN