Welcome friends, I’m so glad you tuned for today’s show I Screwed Up God
- Problem / Word / Gift / Choice
- Life coaching call in
Have you ever stretched the truth a little? Told a white lie? Be honest now. You must have — and maybe it was even well-intended to protect your feelings or someone else’s. What about when we lie…to ourself?
Today I want to inspire you to FESS UP early and to never lie about your imperfections…That does NOT protect us at all. In fact, it is hurting us, preventing us from growing and succeeding
Studied: Why We Lie to Ourselves When We Make Mistakes-To preserve our belief that we’re good people.
THE PROBLEM: Own it! (Opposite of what you think)
- CAMPING OUT… Or you will need to live with the imperfection.
- IMPOSSIBLE: You can’t sell something or get rid of something you do not own.
THE WORD: Get rid of it!
- REALITY: YOU SHOULDN’T AND DON’T NEED TO CARRY THIS.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
- RELEASE: CONFESS- SO WE CAN MOVE ON
- Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- Negates Jesus? If not are we saying Jesus’s blood isn’t enough?
- REACT: THEN USE THIS FREEDOM
- Ephesians 2:7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
- Refill: 2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- Blind faith: Action = faith
- Look back: As you witness God in your life…or others see it in you Increases faith
THE GIFT: Give thanks for it!
- BASED ON HEART NOT PERFORMANCE: Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
- FREEDOM: 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- HEALING: 2 Chronicles 7:14, If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
THE CHOICE: Go for it! Please download your FREE coaching tool to get busy moving past the mistakes of yesterday and by overcoming the world with Jesus.
- FREE WILL
- LET ME HELP- Get your ‘Confess & Catapult’ FREE coaching tool!
Jacob: Can you help me figure out what to do. I know I messed up things for me, my children and my whole family. Don’t get me wrong I’ve done what I can to change, God is a big part of that but I keep feeling the need to make things right with my ex-wife.
I was horrible to her, unfaithful, I tore our family apart. I was stupid, a kid, and thought only of myself. But I keep thinking I am holding her back by her thinking she deserved to be treated that way or that she wasn’t worthy enough…I really don’t know how I feel but I just think I am supposed to make it right. Should I try or just pray and let God do what He thinks is best.
Kyndra: I see my grown children struggle and it is killing me.I just didn’t realize as I was raising them how much they needed or even I needed God in their/my life. I do now. My husband died early and my church, which I barely gave my time to was who ended up being there for me. The kids were long gone and I am more adjusted, healthy and stronger than I have ever been.
Of course, I miss Kevin so much but I am also content and fulfilled. NO, FAITH INFUSED as you say it. But, I didn’t know what it was like to have a relationship with God. I didn’t invest in him at all. Now I do and my life has never been better. My kids do not know this and it is all my fault. “I screwed up.”
What can I do?
REMEMBER…Jesus looked at them & said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Math 19:26
That’s going to do it for this episode of Living Within the Sweet Spot.
See you next week on Living Within the Sweet Spot.