BATTLE OF THE WILLS
“This fight coming is not a battle of weapons, but a battle of wills.” –Janet Morris
Definition of battle/clash of will Noun Phrase:
A battle of wills is a situation that involves people who try to defeat each other by refusing to change their own aims or demands and hoping that their opponents will weaken first.
WE FAIL TO REALIZE IT’S ALL ABOUT OUR HEART MIND AND SOUL…AND NOT THE FIGHT AT ALL!
In today’s show, I’ll be inspiring us to put our energy toward aligning our will and sharing with you why it is so important.
THE PROBLEM: When we put our energy into the fight over the spirit of our existence…Who are you…why are you here, what are you to be doing, for who and with whose help?
IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE As…WHO ARE YOU?
- HEART: WHO ARE YOU TO GOD? – Let’s face it, this is when we begin to lose ground and set ourselves up for losing the battle…
When are looking for our identity through the eye’s of the world, our peers, our teachers, our parents, our boss, the public, your neighbor, social media…
With all our heart let’s focus on God, His opinion, His call, His direction…HE wants us like him.
Genesis 1:27 ESV So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
- What is God’s call for us? SWEET SPOT
- How did HE uniquely make us? GIFTS TEST
- Who is HE? How can we be like HIM if we don’t know HIM? BIBLE IN A YEAR
- What does HE ask of us? How can we follow it if we don’t know it? LEGACY LEADER
- MIND: WHO ARE YOU THROUGH CHRIST? – Why do we say “THROUGH CHRIST” or “IN Christ”? What does that even mean?
A Christian, through the new birth, is created in Jesus. Which means that there is a creation that happens when we are born again. Sure. When we are born again there is new life. But wait. There is MORE. There is actually a NEW CREATURE that is born.
2 Corinthians 5:17 “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things are passed away. Behold, all things are become new.”
Ephesians 2:10 ESV For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- SOUL: WHO ARE YOU WORKING WITH? LAW OF SPIRIT — OF THE WORLD? – We have free will and even though we have given our life to God, Christ Jesus…We can choose to walk in that or not. So when you are born again, surrender or give your life you are doing this with Christ Jesus…dying to the world and living in Christ or God…but will you continue to? This i
1 Corinthians 6:17 Paul says, “He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit (with Him).” This is, of course, equal to saying that Christ Himself has come to dwell in us.
1 Corinthians 1:29-31 so that no human being[a] might boast in the presence of God. And because of him[b] you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” See it is God in us, of us, that is who we become so awesome, so great, able to defeat Satan. It must sit right in our soul…that this is true.
Romans: (battle of the wills is soul work-not weapons) Study Romans. LAW OF THE WORLD AND THE SPIRIT. Paul is sharing the Gospel, with LOVE as the basis of it and our call for unity in Christ and our new life in the spirit over the world. THIS WIPES OUT THE BATTLE.TO WALK IN/LIVE IN THE SPIRIT
THE GIFT: 2 Corinthians 4: 8-12 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
- At peace when under fire
- Hopeful when we don’t know what is to come
- Held up when being accused
- Conquerors when being cast down.
THE CHOICE: Held back
- FREE WILL: Let’s face it, it always comes down to ….
- Fight to stay in of and with God.
- Do not fall prey to fighting off Satan.
“DON’T CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON…CHOOSE YOUR WILL.” –Niccie Kliegl CLC
Hebrews 13:20-21 Benediction and Final Greetings
20 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Jake: I think my years of college have gotten me in the habit of wanting things I don’t even want. Especially now. I am 28 and looking to settle down. I love God, go to church and try to follow God. But I feel this constant power struggle between my old way of living and this new way that I know is right. AND BETTER FOR ME AND WHAT I WANT. Where do I start to get me more focus on God’s will for my life over my own?
- GALATIANS: Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things,there is no law. WHERE WILL YOU LIVE…WHERE WILL YOU WALK…THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT OR THE WORLD?
Kelsey: I’m doing all sorts of things to keep me focused on God and I am pushing through, pretty disciplined… But when will the battle end. Will this faith walk ever get easier?
- You have the mind (focused on God)
- You have the soul (following the law)
- DO YOU HAVE THE HEART…This is the hard part. This is the irrational vulnerable part. This is where so many hold back from truly stepping into their faith. LOVE, ONENESS
REMEMBER…Jesus looked at them & said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Math 19:26
That’s going to do it for this episode of Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Before we wrap up I want to encourage you to stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and please subscribe to my iTunes & YouTube channel.
See you next week on Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Faith Infused Living…Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN